Nashville, Tennessee - based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
The company is dedicated to:
As a key member of the facility this position will direct and coordinate all safety and health related activities for the facility. To prevent occupational injury/illness related losses and minimize future liabilities by evaluating risk and establishing appropriate loss control/reduction activities. This position reports to the Distribution Center Manager. In addition this role is to direct and coordinate compliance and continual process improvement efforts in the areas of both quality management and safety for the Roanoke Distribution Center.
QMS Compliance and Continual Process Improvement
- Controls, maintains, distributes and tracks all documents within the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Implements and maintains appropriate record retention system and document control compliance
- Coordinates and ensures completion of QMS training
- Monitors, updates and presents productivity, accuracy and other DC performance data or KPIs
- Reviews LSCM QMS changes and makes changes as needed
- Coordinates QMS Compliance Audit with third party loading and transportation providers
- Supports management in data collection and analysis activities
- CTPAT process coordinator
- Maintains QMS website and user permissions
Safety Compliance and Continual Safety Improvement
- Leads the thorough investigation of all loss events, near misses and incidents
- Ensures incident reports are submitted for all accidents
- Conducts and/or coordinates all safety related training
- Helps direct and develop facility wide line driven safety and IIP activities
- Coordinates safety compliance with all third party stakeholders including loading, transportation and security services.
- Maintains Safety SharePoint site
- Ensures safety audits are completed weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Ensures compliance with OSHA and corporate safety policies
- Supports continual safety improvement projects
- Direct the workers' compensation claims process through aggressive management of all claims; selecting and directing attorneys, physicians, nurses and insurance personnel; and negotiating
In addition to performing these primary duties, the individual shall provide support and/or perform other duties where deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.